Friday, July 31, 2009

What kind of monitor do you use for gaming?

I have heard people that use CRTs, or old school monitors, to play games, and use their LCDs to meet their everyday computing needs. Why is that?





When I hooked up my TV to my video card, I noticed COD4 ran better. And its a 32" old Sony TV and my LCD is a 19".

What kind of monitor do you use for gaming?
CRT are better for gaming, provided that you get a good one.





I use a .21 dpi CRT for games, it's about 4 years old or so and still beat LCD's that I see.





The main reasons I went with a CRT instead of LCD is the ghosting effect, better picture quality, and the fact that if I hit the stand my monitor is on the screen doesn't shake.





The really BAD thing about my monitor is it weighs about a little more than a a TV for its size. About 25 pounds or so I think. It's currently causing the cheep Comp desk I bought at Walmart to bend in the middle because of this. If you have a quality desk it will be no problem though.





Check Ebay or overstock if your looking for one. Better quality and a lot cheeper thru them.


No comments:

Post a Comment