Monday, May 24, 2010

How do I set up my mini home theater and gaming center?

I need some advice on the best way to set up the following components. #1 - 32' HDTV w/ 2 HDMI ports, 1 S-Video, and the standard HD and other components. # 2 - "Basic" Direct TV receiver w/ S-Video and basic components. # 3 - XBOX 360 Elite w/ HDMI port , digital optical port, and basic components, and # 4 - LG Mini System w/ 1 HDMI port, digital optical port, HD and basic components. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?...


My HDTV has the following inputs: S-Video, Composite I %26amp; II, Component I %26amp; II, HDMI I %26amp; II, VGA, and TV. My direct TV receiver does not have an HDMI port so I cannot do that. I currently have S-Video in use on my direct TV. I have yet to connect my XBOX 360 Elite. So, where should I connect these things?

How do I set up my mini home theater and gaming center?
Your mini system doesn't even have any HDMI input. Here is what I will do:





1) Connect the cable box to the component input of the mini system. Take the analog audio


from the cable box and connect it to the analog input of the mini system.





2) Take your xbox elite's HDMI and hook it straight up to the TV. Now take the optical out of the xbox and put it to the optical in of the mini system. You should be able to see the picture on your tv and hear the sound through your mini system.





3) Now you can take an HDMI cable and connect the mini system to the TV.





This set up should work for you. Make sure the mini system upconverts all the input to HDMI. If this is not the case you should just use the component output of the mini system and connect it to the tv.


No comments:

Post a Comment