Friday, May 21, 2010

How and where should I begin if I want to pursue a career in Computer Gaming?

I just found out this is what I really want as a career. My problem is that I don't have a degree on computer programming, computer science, etc. I am actually a film graduate and I think my only chance is in the creatives side, like writing, etc. Do I have to study again? How should I begin? Expert advice are truly appreciated. :)

How and where should I begin if I want to pursue a career in Computer Gaming?
From the look of things, content creation is becoming a major bottleneck in game development, so maybe you can develop your skills at art assets. Also, to see if you really like it, you might be able to find some people to join at http://www.gamedev.net and go to the forums to find projects.
Reply:Some school have actual classes and programs for people looking for a career in computer games. computer programming is not enough nowadays. try searching online for schools that have classes geared towards that career. once in awhile I get brochures from schools offering these classes, but I throw them away.


No comments:

Post a Comment