Friday, May 21, 2010

How can I reach a gaming company to offer my ideas to them?

I want to contact two companies Bioware/ Obsidian/ Lucasarts and Nintendo/ Camelot for two ideas i had. Ok, maybe that's five companies, but I'm not sure who it would be best to contact, either. For my first idea, I want to give the KotOR team ideas about armor and stuff like that, and a story idea. For my other idea, I want to give/sell my story idea for a sequel to a game called Golden Sun: The Lost Age. I know what you will probably say, that "non-socilated ideas are refused to be read by companies." Yeah, i've heard that one before, straight from Nintendo. But still, there is a rumor going around that Knights of the Old Republic 3 is in production, and I wanted to give my ideas to them before they complete the game, if they are actually going to complete it. It will be years until I get my major in writing, so I can't exactly tell them that it is a socilitated message, now can i? If i can pull this off, it might help my college and professional career. Any help would be nice. thx

How can I reach a gaming company to offer my ideas to them?
I have seen questions similar to this, time and time again in gaming magazines in letters to the editor, etc.





The answer is always the same.





Most all companies do NOT accept unsolicited game ideas.





For Legal reasons.





You CAN, however, greatly improve your idea submission chances by getting hired by a software publisher. Start at the ground floor, as a game tester, and work your way up.





Living in California or near a publisher helps.
Reply:Copyrighted script and a storyboard sketch...





Most companies do not accept private pitches...


No comments:

Post a Comment